The bentonite clay used in this mask is what helps it really stick to the hair and make sure everything gets absorbed properly. It’s using aloe vera gel which is an all natural way to moisturize your hair, which is why it’s found in many big brand hair products. Even though this includes apple cider vinegar you won’t be left with that vinegar smell in your hair once you’re done. This is a mask you can use as needed, or as part of a weekly or monthly detoxing program. It’s an affordable and fun way to pamper your hair and give it what it really needs.
Did you know you could detox your hair?
During the detox stage your hair will be very dry and tangly (or as I said above – a terrible rats nest of yuckiness!). I have always had a hard time getting past this stage! Who wants to have nasty feeling hair? Not I!
Here is some good news! You can speed up the process by applying a detox hair mask to your hair!
I’ve used this detox hair mask several times over the years and I absolutely love it! My hair feels so clean and soft when I treat my hair with this nourishing mask. Now that my hair is detoxed, I get to enjoy healthy feeling hair!
Today I’m going to share the recipe on how to make this detox hair mask.
- 1/2 cup bentonite clay powder
- 1/2 cup aloe vera gel
- 1/4 apple cider vinegar
- 1 additional cup of apple cider vinegar
- Mix bentonite clay, aloe vera, and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar together and work into hair.
- Put on the shower cap and allow to sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Don’t let the mixture dry!
- Rinse with 1 cup of vinegar and allow to sit for 1-3 minutes, then shampoo.
- Follow with shine boost rinse or detox hair soak.